Thread: Chips in a OBDII PCM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't want to slow any progress here as this chiping will be useful,

But I'm still testing a flash program and progress is underway. It works with AVT cable and a cheaper alternative cable being made. Will work with both cables. It has a lot of useful tools to do other PCMs, but so far LS1 0411 is the goal. Identify PCM, Write VIN, Seed/Key, Read bin, test mode are all done and write is underway. It will already write sections now but not entire calibration or OS yet.

It's still not free, but so cheap it won't matter and no per anything licensing...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    It has a lot of useful tools to do other PCMs

It's still not free, but so cheap it won't matter and no per anything licensing...
    and i'm sold.

as long as i'll be able to read/flash 96-05ish FWD V6 PCMs, that covers 90% of everything i see myself playing with in the near future.

was there any kind of timeframe released yet?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Carb and Points!
    I am interested in this flash program you speak of. Could you tell us any more info on it? Does it use any hardware between the PCM and the the computer or is it all software controlled? Perhaps an idea of the price-point? No per anything licensing and cheap flashing from the port would be great.

Believe me everyone is interested. Going to change the whole OBDII market place. Great tool for adding other PCMs as well. It will need an AVT cable or the alternative being made, no time frame or price yet. Owner wishes to stay anonymous for time being. GearHead-EFI.com may be the USA reseller.

It is really coming along fast at this point...

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Believe me everyone is interested. Going to change the whole OBDII market place. Great tool for adding other PCMs as well. It will need an AVT cable or the alternative being made, no time frame or price yet. Owner wishes to stay anonymous for time being. GearHead-EFI.com may be the USA reseller.

It is really coming along fast at this point...
    In the meantime:

http://www.chip-service.de/product_i...20shifted.html

PSOP44_Set_versetzt.jpg

Still no reason to stop innovation. Some PCM can become bricks with a bad flash and some are locked by tuners. So a chip solution can always work.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Excellent work EagleMark and Antus. I am really interested in the cable.. I have a little engineering in my background, and I'm curious what chip you are using for this 'low cost' cable? The STN1170 maybe? Making such an alternative open source would change everything. I would love to see this go open, so maybe then I could contribute! It only takes one REALLY giving group of developers to change a scene as money hungry as this one. OPEN OPEN OPEN :P

Regards,
    Jack.

Carb and Points!
    On another note, I've come across an old friend with the TunerCAT OBDII Tuner software, however his AVT cable is non functional.. which is why he hasn't used it in years. go figure. Can't catch a break. So, for the record.. the data in said software format are not compressed, and can be hex edited back into the original BIN.. Or at least it completely appears so. I haven't flashed and tested yet, but I'm fairly confident. :P.

Regards,
    Jack.
    Last edited by RidDleZ; 07-30-2013 at 07:52 PM.