Quote Originally Posted by pmkls1 View Post
The ceramic coatings you used, were they cerakote brand and how easy do they spray ?
I used Techline coatings,I've seen some of the Cera-Kote stuff but it's only for gun stuff that i've seen it used.
The coatings weren't hard to spray,Moly and thermal stuff laid down nicely-The ceramic based was finicky but not bad-The piston/CC stuff I screwed up at least once on everything I sprayed. It was the worst,but could also have easily been me since I don't do much spraying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkls1 View Post
I was also curious as to why or how you blew up a couple engines too ? They are normally pretty tough unless you get coolant contamination in the oil.
The original engine just blew a head gasket,noticed during annual coolant flush.

The 1st L67 I dropped in spun a rod bearing,I have several theories why but i'm chalking it up to the salvage yard telling me 58k and after going thru it thinking more like 158k.

The 2nd L67 I haven't a clue,I've yet to tear it down to verify exactly what went wrong where,but i'm positive i've spun a bearing. This engine had 34k miles and I believe it from how clean everything was.

On every engine I drop in it gets new fluids for first start and after a few minutes of run time it gets changed and flushed out again. (Cooling system gets straight water)
Then I will generally drive for a few hours and change the filter yet again and reflush cooling system and refill with coolant.