Thread: Adjusting VE Fueling tables with BLM data Tutorial!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Play back your data log so it fills in the BLM history tables. You can click on the top left cell to highlight some tables, or get used to starting at bottom right and drag to top left to highlight entire table. Then CNTRL C to Copy and CNTRL V to paste as some do not allow right click Copy and Paste.

Open your spreadsheet to correct mask ID, in this case it's $0D and Off IDle. Paste in your BLM history data.

Go back to TunerPro history table and up top choose History Sample Count, find the cells with less then 5 and blank them in Spreadsheet.

Now look at BLMs in Spreadsheet, you can see a curve, fill in some of the blanks with numbers close to good data. This helps adjust the table when done.

What the Spreadsheet does for yuou is the math on entire table all at once. Math for course adjustment is BLM/128 * VE cell, this is what you would have to do cell by cell.

Adjusting is done for you in this table of Spreadsheet. You don't change anything here. You can see the adjustment is for example * .98 or * 1.10. One table is a course adjustment, the other is a fine adjustment by using a square root of 2 tables.

Your new VE table is built! Highlight the entire table, copy and paste it into your bin file.

Again open it in graph mode and look for spikes and dips, do some manual smoothing or use the smooth tool.

Data log, Rinse and Repeat.

It takes a little practice and you'll get the hang of it! After a few shots your BLM data log will be so close and yhour VE table so smooth no more adjustments are needed. What I find acceptable is anything within 6 of 128, prefreably below 128 in 70 or 80 MAP columns, this has to do with fueling when PE (Power Enrichment) is entered. Somewhere in 80-90-100 MAP columns you will see 128! This is do to PCM locking at 128 when PE is entered. The only accurate way to tune PE is with a Wide Band O2 sensor. You can use Narrow Band O2 sensor readings as a guesstimate and keep them .900 volts which is on rich side of Stoich, close to 12.5 AFR or .85 Lambda... but that is for another article.

Once you get used to doing this it only takes a minute! I'm going blind right now trying to do it so slowly, take screen shots and write a paragraph. So I need a break and will polish up as we go.

If you have questions, comments or see a mistake let me know in your tuning thread or give me a PM.

Stay Tuned!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-