Quote Originally Posted by phonedawgz View Post
You still need to add the ALDL connector itself and a housing if you wish to compare the price to a purchased cable.

Otherwise you might as well compare the price of the FT232RL chip to the cable. The chip itself btw costs about $3.50
Cheers for the quick response guys.
I thought the 10K ohm resistor was for 160buad ect when looking at VR,VS commys (hopefully I havent missed read there!)
Or are there particular modules that require the 10K resistor to communicate properly/obtain chatter?

I will be mainly using the cable for radios,clusters and BCM's since my application reads/writes to these modules for various aspects eg BCM security number, change cluster v6->V8 ect.

As for the Connector and cable, as RobertISaar said, if you have a look around, can find the 16pin connector and cable together for under ~$8 shipped. Since im buying 8+ the price drops to ~$5 shipped. Obviously buying more costs more but Im hoping to make a few of the cables as "test" cables. Both components should rock up roughly the same time since there coming from the same place.