Quote Originally Posted by 1slos10 View Post
This would be a lot more fun if it wasn't my daily driver. I would like to learn how to do this stuff eventually, but hope somebody can help get this thing figured out!
I completely understand the need to get a daily driver working correctly. I've helped some TBI Chips customers that are local to me. I've helped several TBI owners with remote tuning. What I think is the most challenging thing about tuning your Blazer is the simple fact the computer used in your Blazer has two timing tables, and two fuel tables (near idle / off idle). I use an Excel Macro program to sort the data log into the two different tables, and make adjustments based on the actual logged data. I don't make assumptions that because a similar engine or similar camshaft profile worked with "X" programming, the next similar engine with similar camshaft profile will work just fine with the same "X" programming. I don't subscribe to the idea there is a "One Size Fits All" chip. Even with my Excel Marco, it can take an hour, sometimes more to compile the necessary changes for a chip. I think it's unlikely that a high volume chip retailer has the time to accurately compile the changes needed for a chip based on a case by case basis?

Most remote tuning will require additional equipment, Laptop Computer loaded with the appropriate data logging software (TurnerPro RT), Ostrich 2, Memcal adapter board, and an ALDL cable. There is a learning curve to get setup for remote tuning, how to data log and how to file transfer from a file attached in an email into the Ostrich 2.

If your interested in my help to remote tune your Blazer, send me a PM.

dave w