Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCC- Operation for $8D

There is also a minimum TPS% to allow lockup.
    If you don't have your foot on the throttle it will unlock by default.
    I forget the name/address of it but you should be able to find what I'm describing.

The RPM/MPH check box can get you too.
    The XDF is usually only set up for one or the other (not both)
    So you may think your controlling by MPH and actually be setting TPS by RPM.
    Putting the points on a spreadsheet graph can help see what you have setup too.
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

I did plot the lockup points on a scatter gram. The unlock table vs TPS % defiantly is a hard limit, but the lock points were all over the place. I have been looking for the min TPS value and haven't found it. It does unlock with a closed throttle. I thought it was the flag for TTC unlock during DFCO, but I tested and that didn't affect letting off the pedal unlocks. But graphing and looking at the transitions in the scan data, I got it to the point that I can live with. I would like to keep it locked with closed throttle at highway speeds. That is how it worked before with the 1277165 ECM the car came with. All in all it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    If the associations are set in each parameter in XDF and value in ADX then click the Data Trace Icon or Acquisition Toggle Data Trace while connected.
    The ADX does not have the data type information entered, so data trace won't work. But if I have time in the AM I could do them.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have not set up any data tracing on these. Like I said, I'm still not completely done.
    Mark, if you want to set it up, be my guest!
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Guys, Don't worry, I know how to do it. I'll associate the tables I use. Thanks

Look at addresses 8316 low speed coast load limit,and 8317 high speed coast load limit.
    IIRC those are basically the minimum TPS needed to lockup.
    Don't set to zero but reduce them and see if those do the trick.
    Mine's stuck in the garage or i'd verify them for you.
    John

John, Thanks. I am not that familar with acessing the adresses directly. I assume I can edit the XDF file to edit different areas of the bin file. But I have never tried that since I do not know the layout for the bin file.

You can use the S_AUJP V4 xdf to edit any $8D file.
    You just don't want to edit things beyond the standard items.
    The problem that comes with users making definitions are the names of items are different between versions.
    If you use the "F7' command in TP to see the items summary list, you can sort them by address and see the entire layout of the XDF.
    Finding things by address eliminates the name confusion so I try to reference them that way.
    Jp