Thread: Trouble with high gear engaged $42

Fuel Injected!

Trouble with high gear engaged $42

I am running $42 on a 7747 ECM. My trans is a 700R4. The problem I am having is that high gear engaged is showing in gears 1-3 and then showing as disengaged when the trans actually does go into high gear. This is messing with my lockup. I have tried the high gear switch polarity both checked and unchecked and it doesnt have any affect on this. Help always appreciated.
    Thanks
    Roy

I'm not aware of any issues with the ADX file... do you have a data log XDL file?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I had not considered that there could be a problem with the ADX file. I thought perhaps there was another setting that affected this, or I had a wiring issue of sorts. I cannot send you an XDL file yet, I am waiting on a new cable right now that hopefully will take care of the connection issue I am having with tunerpro, and if it does I will be happy to send it to you. At this point I am seeing through my Autoxray scanner that the parameter is showing as high gear engaged when it shouldnt be, and high gear not engaged when it should be.
    Roy

OK so I doubt the scan tool is lying... But there are three High Gear Flags in the ADX file, Old, Current and Last pass. So possible something is wrong, not sure how a transmission would work or feel if this was backwards? How does it drive/feel? Should be able to feel three gears, overdrive and TCC lockup. What is this on? Factory EFI vehicle or a conversion? What I'm getting at is a wiring issue.

Or whatever bin you started with, I use ASDU for everything and work it as needed, I'm just used to it and know what to expect, other bins cause me issues with changes. There is a Flag titled "Options - High Gear Switch Polarity (X= High)" which I have checked and have never changed it, so look at your bin to see if this is checked. I really don't know what it does, but checked does work correctly in 700R4.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-