Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Not at home to look at disassembly but there are generally settings for locking out BLM during decel, DFCO, or for resetting after WOT or large throttle changes. Old ways still work... limit INT and BLM range to prevent excessive corrections from affecting VE tuning. What about your vehicle other than fuel pressure is radically different from Vortec TBI Van cal?

BLM issue you talk about is also part of $58 and is very difficult to tune out in that cal. Trick I use is to try and tailor AE to deliver slight extra shot of fuel after decel conditions. Have to work carefully with MAP and TPS AE to make this work and it never works as well as it should because stock $58 just doesn't provide enough control over AE. But the strategy should work better in the 7427 cals as there are more AE parameters to work with IIRC.
The timing tables are copied and slightly modified from the BJYL 350 TBI 700R4 BIN that I downloaded from the ECM info section and are a lot more aggressive than stock BJYL and other TBI BINs. Since the true VE tables will be drastically different from the typical TBI BINs due to the fuel pressure. I had actually widened the BLM range which may be worsening the situiation unintentionally. There are more AE parameters in the $OD mask than in the $61 for sure and probably more than the $58 as well. I had added more shot and a longer time of shot on DFCO exit, but had also changed something else in the BIN that made the car barely driveable so I just went back to a previous BIN and tuned from there leaving those values alone. As we speak, I am searching for the most economical MPFI manifold solution along with the best value headers to balance out the entire setup a little better and also deal with the probable injector consistency issue from running excessive fuel pressure. I think that a lot of my tuning issues are due to the injectors and the pressure they've been running on for the last few years. At this point I want to keep the car driving ok, but don't want to waste too much time tuning on the current TBI setup as I'm dying to ditch it ASAP. Once I get the hardware combo finalized and can get the engine running properly I'm wanting to switch back over to running ethanol blends as the sheer smoothness and noticeable torque increases get to be just as addictive as drinking alcohol is.