Thread: Tunerpro RT $4F connection problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well nothing there made sense? So I looked at the hack and the XDF is built wrong!

Your still way rich but until this XDF gets a rebuilt I wouldn't know how to take fuel out of VE...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I fixed the XDF and took some fuel out of the lower VE table for ya...
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I sent you a PM but I'll burn the chip tonight and give it a try! Thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    You must have smoothened the curve out big time... that looks way better. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to try it out until tonight. My original tune had the idle set to 525 at running temps but one of the generic bins I found on here had it set for 700. Does 700 sound about right for a manual transmission and could the fact that it was idling so low have anything to do with it running so rich since it was all fuel and little air through the IAC?

Fuel Injected!
    I got the chip burned and took it for a quick cruise, here is the log. It seemed to run a lot smoother but still a little jump where it goes from still slightly rich to perfect. It looks like it leaned out a little too much in a few spots, is that a cause for concern?

It idled pretty good before I actually drove it and at stop lights, but once I got back into the garage, it started "searching" again. Based on what you see in the log, is there anyway it could be an ignition problem or are you still leaning towards a vacuum leak?

If you have a manual you should always start with a manual bin and 700 seems correct, the lower Idle is for auto.

I'm not sure what's going on? You've got same cell change from 117 to next frame 140? Is running a lot better by logs though. There's not much advance in this chip at idle with spark bias, take a look at chip, I added another row for idle and adding some timing thoughout but also added some timing at idle, took away some fuel in those rich idle and decle areas. Look at it and give it a shot.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thats awesome, thanks again so much!

I gave it a try, here is the log. I think the extra timing woke it up a bit and the fact that its not bogging from running so rich, but it looks like its running pretty lean now from 1600-2400 rpm across the board and at 1200 in the higher kpa which makes me kinda nervous since its my daily driver. I also noticed that some cells have a range of over 30, could this be from a bad sensor or something or is that normal?

Before I do anymore are you comparing what I am doing? I don't want to make decisions for you I want to teach you and give some examples.

I'll look at the log but you do need to set your timing to 0 with timing wire disconnected! We can learn to get fuel dialed in, but I'm not sure at this point you have good fuel pressure all the time, maybe at idle. Have you changed the fuel filter lately? Hope there's not an issue with pump.

-= =-