Thread: Hello all!

Carb and Points!

Hello all!

I live in Valdez Alaska and am looking for information about the TunerPro RT app. I have 95 Chevy K1500 5.7 that I recently did an EGR delete. Can I use TunerPro to shut off the ECU error code concerning the EGR missing?
    I also just want to learn more about my trucks engine and proper maintenance. Thanks!!

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, Tuner Pro will allow you to manage the egr, do you have a chip burner? you will need a way to burn the change onto the chip.

Carb and Points!
    I do not. I ask because I've seen conflicting answers as to whether or not it is possible. I'm hesitant to go that far and mess with the eprom. It would appear that a lot can go wrong.

Fuel Injected!
    You will need to update the eprom, I am currently learning on my 95 K2500.

I am being helped/tutored by a tuner on this board, because I have changed a few things on the engine. I can say, that things going wrong are between slim and none.

If you have no plans to make any hotrod changes, you could have a tuner burn you a new chip for a fee and mail it.

If you are going to hotrod you might want to learn how to make some changes.
    I will say getting into the program and learning how it ticks will help when trouble shooting or working on newer cars.

The Bin file is nothing more then an instruction sheet with a bunch is tables.
    Example: the engine is running and it says to the computer, hey the driver wants to go faster, the throttle is open 30% what do I do?

The computer says, well your RPMs are XXXX and your vacuum is XXX, so timing you get adjusted to XXXX and fuel injectors you need to deliver xxx amount of fuel. all these values are based on the tables.

Now for turning off the EGR, you will simply be telling the computer to no longer use that information and to ignore the table of information or facts for the EGR. This is simply done by turning off the the egr like a light with a switch.

The light is still there its just not turned on, same with egr, tables and everything stays in program, your not deleting anything, your just not using the info.
    Last edited by Sledhead2; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:12 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for all that info. Now I don't feel so intimidated. I've probably watched to many Youtube videos that weren't so helpful.

Any particular videos or links that you have and are willing to share, I would be most appreciative.

I finally was able to finally connect with my laptop via the obd1 connector, after moving one of the 5v data pins to the correct position on the connector. I was able to see date flowing via Pro Comm plus and DataCat. I next need to learn how to connect via TunerPro and see what's in there. Once I figure that out, I'll take on re-programming the chip. Heck, I work on multi million dollar phone systems, I should be able to figure this out, right?

Carb and Points!
    How do I know which .ads or .adx file is the right one to use. I need to know what tranny I have?

Tuner Pro Definition File Pic.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    I have been using A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx

Carb and Points!
    TY for the help. I've watched some tutorials for TunerPro RT and now understand how the software functions and how the .bin .xds files work. Wish me luck