Thread: ecm 16161237 (Geo Storm) need info

Electronic Ignition!

ecm 16161237 (Geo Storm) need info

Probably the most weird post ever... here we go, this ecm is for a geo storm 1992 to be precise, you will say that I am trying to resurrect a little gas saver but the reality is very different let me explain:
    I am in to anything that cam be mod or tune, being auto mechanic for 35 years and i being involve in racing all my life, mostly on air cooled vw's, and back on the mid 90's a company specialized on performance vw's brought to the market a "stand alone" that could be tune with 4 knobs and was turbo friendly, never used until few years ago have the chance to install one for a vintage resto and works very good, but noted that the ecu was a regular gm production, the magic on the system is on the harness and the box with the tuning knobs that modify the signal from map, tps, and coolant sensor to fool the ecu for more fuel on boost...
    That said my question is since this ecm dont have removable mem cal on them and looks so different to the "standard" gm ecm, my question is if this ecm's are programmable on the board via bench with JTAG? or is not programmable at all.
    thanks

Administrator
    Hello!

That's a blast from the past. The 1992 Geo Storm was one of the first gm products using an EEPROM. This ecm could be reprogrammed through the ALDL connector. 1993 Cavalier VL 4 cylinder was also eeprom equipped but I cannot tell you if the programming protocol was the same as the Storm. I do not remember anyone developing software for tuning for the Storm.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hello!

That's a blast from the past. The 1992 Geo Storm was one of the first gm products using an EEPROM. This ecm could be reprogrammed through the ALDL connector. 1993 Cavalier VL 4 cylinder was also eeprom equipped but I cannot tell you if the programming protocol was the same as the Storm. I do not remember anyone developing software for tuning for the Storm.
    Wow so is a internal eeprom, so how can I try the Cavalier programming, I have 3 ecu's to experiment, the interesting part of this is that this "4 dial tuning box" can be use for all gm ecu's if I can reverse ingenering we can use it for boost on any ecu

Electronic Ignition!
    Happy to send you a ecm send me your address and will send you the ecm next week

Carb and Points!

Uninhibited no strings attached dating

Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Free relationships without drama and obligations. Verified Maidens Prime casual Dating