I have a 94 k1500 5.7 manual with i beleive an untuned cam swap as is when i bought it. I think this due to BLM being at 99~101 at idle fully warmed up and in closed loop, and 135~137 at around 4,500-5,000 rpm. Slightly rough idle and real stinky rich smell with a random miss like hickup but not quite a miss every couple seconds and inconsistently. I soldered in the adapter to run the flash sf512 chip instead of the factory prom and have disabled and blocked off the egr system by setting the minimum on temp to 150c in tunerpro and also the speed minimum to 255 MPH. I took out a bit of fuel from idle on up to about 2200 and eventually 2400 rpm and up to about 30 kpa on the map and the idle cleaned up a ton. its rough sometimes and spot on others i think i tuned while another table was active i am learning and need to do it again its still not done and slightly like surgy through the power curve but overall its not terrible its definitaley driveable but horable gas mileage too. I do have edelbrock headers on the truck that came off another 94 and a full 2 inch y into 3 inch straigt pipe all the way back past the axle. All the sensors are working properly and i just rebuilt the throttle body and re used the injectors but throughly bench cleaned them under pressure and with tapping the voltage to spray off on a bunch. Great spray pattern and zero leaks. Brand new quality o2 sensor. No vacuum leaks. Brand new fuel pump, filter, and regulator. just barely broke 200,000 miles on the odometer. overall truck is in great condition. new plugs wires cap rotor etc. No cat and no muffler. my o2 sensor is a single wire btw, will be upgrading to a 3 wire soon tho.

The truck has the 16196396 ECM with BDUY BCC and .bin

I have out of a suburban with an E tranny a PCM with red and blue connectors, 16196395. It has a calpac and everything with the internal knock control system.

I have the motor from that truck in my garage getting built too with vortec heads etc.
would it be worth it at all to upgrade to that other PCM?

Is that other one even better or does it just also control an auto trans?? what do the red and blue connectors mean? arent those the desirable ECMs?

My truck currently has the external ESC system tied in with the knock sensor, would i have to change that or is just repinning the harness good enough?

I do have the entire harness out of the suburban as well so if i needed to chop or change the harnesss i could just swap it with the one that came with the PCM

Eventually i would like to go to a port injected or the TPI spider injection or some sort of 8 cylinder injection instead of the TBI. or else ill just rock a 454 tbi if its too expensive i do have budget in mind. I also think i want to do a mild turbo some time in the LONG distant future.