Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
your transmission appears to already be updated to a 94+. The major changes from the early units 91-93 are an updated PCS valve, a vent hole drilled in the valve body, a different separator plate and updates harness. you will need to remove 1 wire from the transmission connector and repin 2 other wires. will also have to run a "twisted pair" from the pcm for the input speed sensor. your van should already have a DRAC. 4l60e to 4l80e swap has been well documented over the last 20+ years try searching on google for specifics if you can't read wiring digrams.

Thanks. Will do as you suggest about google for father info. I can read wiring diagrams and repin plugs.

using a 7427 is by no means user friendly, if you are looking for something quick and easy to setup your trans this is not the way to go. if MSD has an addon to do e-trans control that is the route i would recommend for you. there are also othwr options such a US shift controller that is geared towards the average DIY'er.
Everything I read saids a factory ECM is much better that any after market system, and much cheaper.

And I want and need a full functioning ECM, to control the transmission and the engines fuel system.

From what I have read the 7427 is nearly a plug in to replace my 165 in my 93 Van. A number of people report that a 4L80e really needs a 7427 over the 165.

SO I am looking for a couple of 7427s with a 5.7 and 4L80e chip.

Rich