It's been awhile since I gave the final spark and fuel scheme in the 69 van I'm building much thought because it was important to get the mechanical remodel completed into a functional shell first.<br>I now have a complete TBI L03/700r4 drivetrain installed from a 91 Olds wagon....<br>I saved everything including the wiring harness and 6965 ECM, but I'm conflicted about whether to buy a new custom harness and chip from Affordable EFI or to try to prune and use the stuff I saved....The harness layout needs to be a bit unconventional to be a good custom fit and I am pretty good with a soldering iron....<br>My concerns are:<br>1) That I will accidently prune something out that is not negotiable to the ECM<br>2) That I won't know which wires need some kind of RFI shielding (or run in separate harness)<br>3) That I will get too deep and invested in the DIY and get to a point where the technical help I need to finish is not available .......<br><br>I have some ideas that I want to simplify a couple of items that I'm hoping to run separately of the ECM, so I have a couple of questions...<br>1) Can the electric in-tank pump be run completely divorced from the ECM?<br>2) Does the ECM require pulses from a DRAC module, or can I just run a cable speedo?<br>3) Can TCC lockup be run on a single wire divorced from the ECM?<br>4) will the clipped and terminated ECM wires for these divorced items and the ECM wires from EGR, A.I.R., and purge cause disfunction of the ECM?<br>5) Will I need a reprogrammed chip or modified ECM (?) and who would be a good source?&nbsp;<br><br>The knowledge base on this site is mind-blowing and mostly over 30 years ahead of me (maybe 40) regarding electronic engine management and I'll likely never catch up, but you guys have been patient with me (so far)...... Thank You!!