Greetings all,

I found this forum as I was NOT going to buy a bolt-on EFI product for my two jeep projects. I am not against these kits as they do serve a purpose, but after googling, I found that many have decided to roll their own vs. buy a whole kit. Me too. I like a challenge.

So, not a turn-key solution, but that to me is part of the fun of figuring it out.

I have a 1989 Jeep Islander YJ... 258/4.2L that will be getting a GM 4.3L TBI and spark control added to it with a fresh engine build.

I also have a 1984 Jeep CJ7 which at this point is nothing more than a VIN number. It's literally (and I mean literally) falling apart. Frame is gone, and collapsed in the rear... Body tub is gone... previous owner ripped out the Carter electric/onic carb and ran with a Motorcraft 2100 for it's life... Getting ready to pull motor, buy frame and get a rolling chassis going before too long. I have a donor YJ tub for it (same footprint), and some of the fenders/grill can most likely be saved...Anyway, this will get another GM 4.3L TBI transplant with spark via an HEI distributor.

Looking forward to some re-programming BIN questions when I get that far!

Thanks,
Jim