Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Had a chance to do some tuning on the off-idle trims today. Unlike closed-throttle trims which seemed to be best when running very close to the fairly aggressive factory tune, it seems with this cam and the EGR it develops at low speeds a tamer set of trims is better.

Code:
closed	stock	open	stock
1-83	82	83	88
8-7e	7D	81	7B
4-86	80	81	83
3-80	80	80	83
6-88	84	81	7A
5-7f	80	7e	7D
7-75	74	7e	7E
2-86	83	84	86
I tried running the stock trims, but when I attempted to adjust for BLM split (lean on the right side again) a very noticeable surge / hard miss developed at low speeds and throttle openings. Even at 75mph in 6th with the cruise control on the engine was noticeably "unhappy" at lower loads.

The open trims above are much smoother tooling around town, and even improved overall smoothness when lugging the car up a hill in 6th gear at 1300 rpm. Something I've been unable to do since putting the stock cam in storage.

Startup fueling has been all over the place, but it's getting to be the time of year when this one will spend most of the next 4 months sitting in the garage so I should have plenty of time to work on that. I'm hoping this winter it will spend markedly less time sitting on stands with a major powertrain component absent.
Hiya
How did you calculate those Open throttle figues?
Closed throttle seems relatively straight forward.

Is there any easy way to display these in TunerPro in an easier to view format?
as in cylinder layout

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8

I'm unable to tune currently. It's cold (icy) wet and dark.
My Speed Engineering Y pipe has arrived as my mate can't bend over 63mm pipe.
Winter project is Speed Engineering Long Tubes & dual cutouts.
All will be Thermal Barrier Ceramic coated once I just get my workspace set up.

Thanks
Mitch