Hey all I wanted to drop in an update on the project status.

As many of you have probably seen over in the 'humidity' thread I've found what I believe to be the sole cause of my driveability problems - a slipped opti hub. My priority at the moment is to get this fixed so a determination can be made as to whether this was everything that was wrong, or just one piece of a larger puzzle.

In the mean time, for anyone still wanting to actively test I'd like to hear your coil PNs so I can prioritize which to purchase for testing. It may be several weeks before I have the funds available to buy test units, and at the moment vilefly is also extremely busy. So unless anyone would want to volunteer to tackle this, all I can offer is hopefully soon one of us will be able to determine specs on the coils mentioned in post #466.

If any of these coils that have been reported to draw several milliamps on the igniter pin will work in the current PCB configuration, it will definitely require replacing all the rc network resistors on the coil driver circuits with 47 or 100 ohm pieces. And in the case of the coils vilefly owns it's seems likely that a separate driver stage will be required.

It was a monumental oversight on my part to have assumed all these coils would have similar igniter circuit requirements. For this I can only apologize. If any of the paying testers would like to abort at this point I'll gladly buy your kits back or refund your $25.

The only good news I have to report is that the 12658183 coils I happened by dumb luck to choose will work with no problems whatsoever. I'm anxious to test one to determine dwell requirements.