Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
The project ended today, but in a good way. I learned a lot. I wanted to thank everyone for the input. I very much appreciate the guidance. A startup company decided they wanted delivery vehicle with some character. It is actually going to get wrapped and lowered. Its not my style but I am glad its going to a good home and I got very paid well for my project.

The vortec style heads(just don't buy Jegs home brand) and the ramjet cam were great for the money with towing. No problems pulling 5000 lbs at all power wise, within reason. It will never pull like a diesel. It was the wide gear spacing of the 4l60e that had me wishing for a 4l80e. 3rd some times was too high and 2nd was a long way down ratio wise. First was way too low also for the 350 with more torque. It did it but it was not ideal. The trans is still in great shape so I could not see ripping it out so I just decided move on.
No suprise on that cam working well. It did ok for me as well in the low-midrange. Its a marine cam designed to make as much torque as possible from off-idle through 4,800 rpm.

Glad someone can get use out of the G-van.