Thread: Am I doing this right?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Am I doing this right?

I have a '97 Camaro SS LT1 6spd manual with a '94 computer. The car has p&p factory heads with larger valves, 7/16 roller rockers and of course supporting springs, push rods and such. I am running the 280 XFI cam. Headers that go to 3" Y pipe to 4" exhaust. Stock gears in rear.

I am tuning with Tunner Pro RT and VE Master. I use freescan for logging and winflash to upload bins. I also have EE Hack available. I have run it through VE about 10-15 times.

I have disabled the MAF in the tune and focusing on VE tables first. I drive the car about an hour to work and an hour back one day a week so I get good data with different driving conditions.

The problem I am having is it seams VE master keeps wanting to take fuel away and my fuel map keeps getting a bigger dip(not flat). I am worried I am doing something wrong or there is something I am not catching. The car seams to run better then when I started, better street manners. I attached my latest log(shortened so I can upload), the bin that the log was for, and pictures of graphed ve table. Can someone take a look and help me out? I can email full log file if needed(9mb).

One problem I have also noticed is if I sit at a light to long when I take of the motor stumbles like it's not getting fuel, then picks right up. This may happen once or twice ever 20 lights. It seams to recover quicker now. Maybe I have an issue with the motor I am not catching.

tune1.PNGTune 2.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 7danny; 05-04-2017 at 04:39 PM.