Quote Originally Posted by 89S10_Project View Post
Just so we know, none of the parts places manufacture parts- very likely the part you buy in an oreilly box is the same you buy in a Napa box, etc.

Further, are you sure you're not getting only 77% of mechanical travel in your linkage? Have an assistant push the accelerator pedal to the floor. Then try to manually move the linkage at the engine. Any additional motion bears investigation (floor mats, poor linkage design, etc).

I only key in on this because you did say it was a transplant.
True, none of the parts are manufactured by the parts stores. But the part I bought was from China and would not sweep voltage in line with the specifications. I read 0.48V with plates closed, 3.0V at WOT. From what I could find, specs calls for approx. 0.5V at idle, 4.8V at WOT. Oreilly was cool with upgrading to a BWD unit. (Which hopefully isn't coming off the same production line.)

Good point on the linkage. I am sure of WOT because I swept the throttle shaft by hand under the hood with laptop on the dash. 100% needs to happen with the throttle blades fully open. Once the TPS sweeps correctly the pedal can be checked with the laptop.