Got off work early last night (Tue. 7:30pm) went out to the truck and it won't start. Cr##, Go back in the building, and ask one of the maintenance guys for a jump. Jumped it and it started right up. Okay world is good. Start to drive off and it's hesitating and bucking and not accellerating. Ok, it's really cold, 35mph winds and it's starting to snow. Maybe that's what's wrong. Nope, I have this bad feeling, and look down at the Amp gauge. 11 volts and falling. Cr##, quick call my son. Luckily he's still in town, so we tell him to meet us at the parts store. 2 minutes later the truck dies. Call him back. We coasted into a service station off the main road, so we were out of traffic. We are only about a mile from the dealership where he works. Fine, lets just tow it over there, call up one of the service writers with a key to let us in and fix it. So we hook up one of the chain he carries with his truck and start towing. About 1/4 mile from the shop he slows down to turn, and I can't brake fast enough and run over the chain. Oops, well it's off the tire now, so tow us over there. We go to the shop, get it inside, get a alternator at AutoZone 15 min. before they close, and go back to work on it. Pulling the battery cable loose, I notice that it has melted in half next to the battery terminal. The other end broke off removing it from the alternator. MAYBE that was all that was wrong. NOT.... Fixed the wires, started the truck and watched the battery drain off. Fine put the new alternator on. Started the truck and it doesn't charge the battery at idle, and only goes to 13.5 under throttle. Cr##. Well, it will get me home. Start to back out of the bay. NO BRAKES!!!! when the chain got ran over, it wrapped around the front axle and tore my pretty stainless braided brake line in to two pieces. So, we piled into his 4-runner and drive 35 mph all the way home in a snow storm. We got home at 12:30 and have to leave with him at 7:30 am to get back to town and work. Night all.