Ok this is my first post and it will probably be obvious I need help!

For those of you who have read Keyair's thread about his Airstream motorhome TBI project you'll find that I'm basically doing the same thing only coming at it from a slightly different direction. My project is a 1974 Argosy built by Airstream motorhome on a P-30 chassis. However mine is not nearly as polished and refined as Keyair's!
Attachment 10126

For me the good news is I don't have to deal with California's smog crap. I have a 454 newly built to stock specs. Only changes to the engine are the use of an Edelbrock Performer 2.0 intake manifold and a Comp Cams 11-203-3 cam which is considered an RV cam. I also have a 4L80e that I will be installing. I had originally planned on using an Edelbrock 1406 carburetor but have decided to make the switch to TBI since I need to control the transmission anyway.

Several years ago I picked up for free a 4L80e out of a 1994 C30 flatbed truck with if I remember right a 5.7 engine. The truck had an engine fire so I never really saw the engine but was told it was 5.7. When I picked up the transmission I also grabbed the ECM from under the seat. The ECM number is 16168625. At the time I did not know about needing the VSSB but have since located a VSSB from a 1994 Chevy pickup. I realize the calibration will be wrong but it's something to start with.

Here's what I have so far:

7.4 newly built
4L80e (from a 1994 Chevy G/P Van)
ECM is 16168625 (I have a DRAC controller and the appropriate plugs with wire stubs from a junk yard car for the DRAC)

For a variety of reasons I don't want to source all of the TBI components separately so I'm seriously looking at the Affordable Fuel Injections system but I'm not sure yet if that's the best approach for my situation.

My major concern with buying off the shelf from AFI is the ability to make ECM changes. What I would like to know is if I bought a turnkey system from AFI what would it take to be able to re-program the ECM myself? My concern is will I be able to capture all of the data (tables?) or other necessary information that is currently programmed in the ECM so I don't have to start from scratch?

What I'm looking for is just a dependable system where parts can be be sourced just about anywhere on the road (other than ECM).

I'm sure I'll have other questions, I just don't know what questions to ask yet.

Thanks!

Brad