Been working with OBD1 TPI (eeprom) and LT1 (16188051) flashing and making my own harnesses and having a ball doing it. BUT - Have had the urge to get into the OBD2 LS drive lines for future street rod projects possibly as early as next year.

Just picked up a Chevy 2002 3500 dually with 6.0 and 2WD 4L80e, 88K miles and well maintained. It's a complete running driving cab/chassis, just has no bed. It will be my donor vehicle, my first thoughts are to pick up a 30's-50's Chevy/GMC cab and install it on this chassis since there is no title anyway. It has dual tanks and 4.10 posi rear axle.

Questions:

1) Want to make my own wiring harness - so is there a good reference site or (pin out) manual that I can use to make a standalone harness, one discussing which sensors are/aren't needed would be helpful....

and,

2) which PCM should I plan on using? Most likely will outsource the PCM programming since I'm not equipped for OBD2 flashing. I'll just need a basic flash without VATS, EGR, EVAP, rear O2 etc but with 4L80e management etc to get the project off and running.

Any help is appreciated