Hello all,

I recently replaced the engine in my 1994 Chevrolet C2500 and I知 sure I知 going to need some tuning advice. The truck originally came stock with the 5.7L 350 and the M30 4L60e transmission. After 270,000miles it still ran well but felt a little tired.

I decided to replace it with a 383 Stroker crate motor. Here are the specs:
383 Stroker, Vortec iron heads, 9.2:1compression, hydraulic roller camshaft and lifters, spec's (206/216` duration at .050" with .475" lift on 114`LSA), dual plane aluminum intake(pro-comp), no egr.

I purchased a new throttle body from SPR:
46mm TBI Kit w/ Carb adapter 1994 4L60E-New TPS, New IAC, 350 high flow-matched injectors, 18psi, thinned shaft, bushed shaft, 1/4" pod spacer, shaved air horns, custom cut 46mm base gasket, air cleaner gasket, fuel line o-rings, adjustable regulator cover, 4150 carb intake gasket and mounting hardware. Open element air cleaner.
Installed a new EP381 fuel pump in tank at the same time.
I installed everything and set the initial timing to 6* and started tuning.

I知 using TunerproRT, Moates Autoprom, Stock ecm is 16196395, BJLH $0D.
Since I didn稚 have the ability to read the bin from my original chip I downloaded one from here and started editing.

First things I changed were constants for injector flow and cylinder volume.
I set injector flow to 80 lb/hr and cylinder volume to 47.86cid.

I then changed the main spark tables using a vortec chart that FAST355 posted. This timing change made a huge difference in how the engine runs.

My next step will be to smooth the VE table and make some datalogs so I can adjust the VE using Dave W calculator spreadsheets.

I'll be posting some datalogs soon so everyone can see whats going on.

I値l be looking for any advice as to the order in which to tune and any helpful info or comments.
Please feel free to point out what I知 doing right or wrong as I知 very much just learning how to tune.
Thanks, Erik