Well the motor is in and running. Dave W sent me my start up bin and I took it for the first spin yesterday. Ran pretty good but rich. Got a new bin today with the first adjustments. My concern is this. In the past I've always relied on the temp gauge to view engine temp. With tunerpro I can now see what the computer see's. The coolant temp window at the bottom of the dash after warmup is registering between 98 and 103 (which Dave said is celsius) and the display is red. The temp gauge on the dash displays between 200 and 220 which if you do C to F conversion coincides with each other. I confirmed with my infra red heat gun last night and warmed up at idle it was registering 205 at the base of the water neck next to sensor. If I shoot it at the head next to my gauge sending unit I'm reading 185-190 which is about what the truck gauge is displaying. I used a new ACdelco 195 deg thermostat during assembly. Should I be concerned with this? Do I have a circulation problem at the neck? I was wondering if the bypass hose might be drawing too much coolant back to the water pump and bypassing the radiator. I used a vortec style water pump. Another possible concern I had during assembly was that I used a heated plenum vortec intake (coolant ports at the back of the intake) and the TBI intake gaskets were restricted as to where the vortec ones are not. Maybe this could be causing a temperature imbalance between the front and the back of the heads. I don't know. Looking for input.

Thx, Mike