Quote Originally Posted by DOCBAWRENCHTURNER View Post
rsicard- I have been in the same boat with the engine running pig rich. the BPW is in the scalars. I believe that there is a calculator/excel file somewhere to help with this. I ended up telling the PCM that my injectors are larger than what it has in it due to my increased fuel pressure. Also the number your changing is a pcm based number, it will be somewhere around 10 and probably a decimal. You also need to make sure that you IAC is set to where it needs to be (there is a write up about this). I believe Mark said he aimed for ~20 counts.

edit... I understand your frustration that after 7-8 tries you haven't been able to see any progress, keep in mind that most people here have tried 10-20 times a day. There is a method to this madness, but the learning curve is steep. I have a 96 Vortec engine in a 95 pickup running TBI, similar issues, but we all have to work one step at a time.
DOCBAWRENCHTURNER: Really appreciate your post. I am retired and getting older by the day. Will keep looking for BPW adjustments in TunerPro. Tried several regulator springs and the lowest pressure that can be achieved is 12-14 psi. Will try the 7.4L injectors and bump up the fuel pressure to see what happens. Thinking about putting in an external fuel regulator, referenced to manifold vacuum, to adjust pressure easily. If I can get SOMEWHERE close to where it should be, then will tune VE and use Dave W. spreadsheet stuff to get closer to 14.7 AFR.

Sure would be nice to have a checklist to go by for setting these things up. Just got done forming another lengthy document of the links provided by Brian617. Have seen this stuff all before. Still have open questions. Likely, people like Dave W. are tired of responding to my questions. Sure would like to get one of them on the telephone and form a checklist in my brain. Then I would write it down. Can always bite the bullet and spend multi-thousands of dollars for a self learning sequential port fuel injection system. But I am retired and on a fixed income. Chose a 1995 pickup because parts are cheaper than the newer models. Want this one to last until I pass on. Already have a Monster rebuilt 4L60E and latest Hughes Torque converter ready to go behind the Vortec. Now if I could only get the Vortec running properly. Spent enough money already.