During my attempt at trying to tune my system I started getting communication errors with the laptop. I was thinking it was too high baud rate so I lowered it to 4800 and it still had errors and then it went into limp mode I'm thinking. The check engine light was flashing like a strobe light and I found the code was 52 if I remember correctly. ECU RIP.

Now I ordered a new D2 socket from Moates and soldered it in to a good 7747. Well I suck at soldering and or I over heated the board when I did it or I contaminated the solder joints with whatever that coating is on the board. Now I change a check engine light is on and it want tell me any codes. Good thing I ordered 2 D2's and a S4 low profile ZIF socket because now I think I need to try this again. I also picked up another good 7747 ECU.

Okay so now for my question:

What does everyone one use to clean the board of that coating prior to soldering in the socket?

Can I be overheating the board when removing the old solder?

BTW solder suckers really suck if your slow...

and Yes I cracked/cut the original socket and then pulled out each pin with a the soldering iron and pliers.

Thanks in advance