First things first, Happy New Year to all on here. I have been researching this site and a few others looking for information on swapping a 1991 L98 5.7 into my daily driver 86 Caprice 2 DR. A little background on the car. The wife and I bought it 2 years ago from an estate with only 9,600 actual miles on it. The original owner passed away in 1995 and the car was parked in a garage until I bought it. It is in great rust free condition and only needs a paint job because the factory lacquer paint is starting to crack. Since we bought it we have put over 15,000 additional miles on it traveling to Texas and many other states. I have the engine from a previous project that did not get finished. The engine came from a wrecked Camaro with only 40,000 miles when I bought it. I added the Vortec heads, SDPC Vortec intake, Comp Cams 08-300-8 hydraulic roller cam. I think it should be a very responsive and fuel efficient engine when it is tuned properly, hence the reason I am on this site looking for help. I have bought a conversion wire harness that will plug into the factory harness and have had a chip burned that should get it started. I will be using a 7730 ECM. I do not really want to get into chip burning so I would like to find a tuner on this site that I can hire to help me. I live in northwest Ohio if there is any one close I can trailer the car to you or I have TunerPro installed on my laptop and can data log. Any takers out there. As soon as I start the swap I will post progress pictures. I am really amazed at how helpful everyone on this site is to new members.
Tom