Good evening all, I'm James I'm brand spanking new to forums and threads. I've read them in the past, but this is the first to register with.
really don't know what to say here. I'm 27, I'm Just wrapping up a chevy project.
About the truck:
It was my old beater farm truck. originally 1992 chevy cheyenne with 4.11, 262 TBI, extended cab, 4x4. But i got it for free, so I decided to strip it all the way down, sand the frame and painted it with POR15 as well as wherever I could fit my brush. all brand new parts,ball joints, ujoints, brakes,ranchero struts, bushings, bearings, rims, tires. new 350 engine with thumpr cam that me and my buddy built ( too bad i forgot what cam we put in it) I was deployed overseas, and came back i couldnt remember.. darn. it originally had a 750 holley carb, but i kept the TBI and cpmputer from my other truck, 1992 GMC sierra SLE C1500 ( 2wd) TBI 350, stock.
so 2 years later (one year deployed ) I'm finally putting the doors and hood back on. But I just ordered tuning supplies. Since everything is brand new still from the rebuild (only has roughly 40k miles on it, on the new valves, springs, etc. but the computer is trying to run thinking it has te stock cam in in, thus some figures need to be changed. or so is my thought process so far.
which brings me up to where im at now, im just startng to figure out tuner pro, I've got the ALDL usb cable, the burner and chips are still on their way. I'm debating on getting an emulator but meh, I figure I can wait.
ps i was in electronics n the military, so i have a pretty good handle when it comes to the technical stuff, but this is just another thing to relearn, translate,etc.
So thats that, we'll see where things go from here. I look forward to posting new things, talking and hearing from people, learning, figurnig thigna out and getting to know everyone, so until than, toodles!! :)