Got the truck and got it over to my friends house. I live in a trailer park, so something like I dont have the room for, plus its not allowed.
I got to check it over a little more. I stuck a battery in it and tried to crank it over. Starter is sticking a bit, but after a few tries with the key, it turned over. Fuel pump is not working, not that it would do any good since the fuel is sour, probably the reason the pump is not working. I had my friend crank it over while I sprayed it with some carb cleaner and it actually fired right up on it. Seemed to run ok. So the engine might be ok. The right valve cover says 454 by tonawanda. Does this mean anything? Since it seems to run and be ok, what would the value be on a used 454?
Pulled the glove box and it has a 1228747 ecm with the bcc ARPY. I tried to find the gear ratio of the rear axle but couldnt find a tag. Do GM axles even use a tag like dana axles do?
I have one month to to sell what I can then I have to haul it off, those were the terms with my friend. I should be able to get my stuff without much trouble. Might go out there in the morning and start on it.