I have been lurking around here for some time trying to absorb as much info as possible. I plan to source another tbi engine for my 95 tahoe. I will build this one up to replece my stock 350. My current engine is stock except for ultimate tbi mods and mid length headers. The plan for the new engine is as follows

Block will remain stock bore if possible. If I have to bore it out then .030

Stock rods crank and pistons cleaned and tolerances checked.

For the cam I'm going with comp cams extreme energy 08-422-08 hydraulic roller cam.

Vortec 350 heads reworked with new valves seals screw in studs and Scogg and Dickey heavy duty z 28 valve spring kit for .600 lift.

I have push rod guide plates and some Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers. Not sure if these will be too much for this build or not.

Intake is a GM Performance dual plane part number gm12486570.

I plan to run my factory tbi or a 454 tbi if needed, a vortec fuel pump, and my tbi already has an adjustible regulator installed.

What do you guys think of this combo? Pros cons tunability. I know i will need a stall and better gears than 3.42's. I drive it daily right now, around 8 miles round trip to and from work. I have tuner pro rt and a autoprom, aldldroid and a bluetooth adapter. Datalogs and tuning shouldnt be too bad of a problem with some good advice and gudence along the way. I am eager to get in to it and learn. I still need to get a wide band o 2 sensor.