One of the shortcomings of communicating in writing (that means Forum posts) is that the message is devoid of vocal tone, facial expression, and general body language. These are mechanisms that people use to augment the message conveyed by words during an oral conversation.

Are you familiar with the cliché "biting the hand that feeds you" ? That is what you have just done. Anyone objectively looking at my posting would have thought, "Wow that was nice of Buzz to go through 3 GM Service Manuals and place the information into a PDF file for that person to use".

Someone with more maturity or confidence, if they were uncertain of the intent of a phrase, could have asked a clarifying question - like "Buzz, what do you mean by a reality check ?".

Every project should begin with a reality check ... let me give you an example from my experience, which shouldn't cause your fragile ego any issues. A number of years back I had a fellow walk through the door who wanted an aircraft retrofitted with two LSx engines. He presented as a gentleman, and had an unlimited budget - I liked him immediately ! Now came the reality check component of the decision making process: was I a certified AME - No. Did I employ anyone who was a certified AME - No. I quick call to my insurance broker was the death knell to this hypothetical project. I turned the project down, and so did many other people this gentleman approached.

The aircraft did get built - by someone who clearly lacked the requisite skill sets. It was subsequently redone by another person - who as fate would have it, called me for support - my answer was the same as previous. After 3 builders (and I imagine a small fortune) the aircraft is capable of flight, but does not perform well.

Anyway, that is what a reality check is ....

I contribute to this Forum and select others as a means of giving back to the automotive industry, which has been very good to me over the years. I have yet to ask a question, but have answered thousands of them. My intent is always altruistic, and rarely oppositional nor provocative - the form your posting took.

Thank you for the invite to the 355 Nation website, but it doesn't hold any interest for me, one man's garbage is another man's treasure, as the saying goes.