Our dealership got broken into thursday night. I hate theives!
Guy cleaned out every tool from every compartment from our service truck. Unbolted and stole the generator/welder and also the air compressor. He used our forklift (which we usally leave parked outside) to take them off the truck. Our delivery driver had drove the truck trailer home that night because he had a tractor to pick up far away and wasnt going to make it back in time for closing. He left his 96 3/4 ton diesel suburban there and had left the keys in the center console. Thief found them, loaded it with the tools, the air compressor, then hooks to our small single axle lawn mower trailer, loads up the generator/welder onto it, stole another air compressor out of the back building, along with some cases of oil. The service manager had also left his ford ranger there with the key in it, and the guy originally was going to use that and had loaded the welder into it, but then found the keys in the suburban and changed his mind. He stole his company laptop out of his truck, and also stole another company laptop out of the service truck. He then used a skid steer loader to push down the fence and then drove out of there.
Guy had some balls! Every bit was caught on camera, he was just walking around in no hurry at all like he owned the place, he was there a few hours, stopping and smoking. The pictures from the security cameras were too grainy to make out his face He didnt get into the building, otherwise the alarm would have gone off. Me and the other techs were worried about our tools as soon as we found out. Luckaly he didnt get inside. But we did find out that insurance would cover them if it did happen. So me and another tech went through our boxes and tooks pictures of everything we have so would would have proof and be able to list everything we have incase this guy comes back.
It needs to go back to the old days where they cut off his hand if he gets caught. I HATE THIEFS