So the 0411 cam sensor runs off 12 volts and gives a 12 volt signal to the pcm?
I'm not sure if the jeep sensor could be run off 12 volts, guess there would be only one way to find out...lol
Not sure on what type of signal it sends out. I do know, from looking at the wiring diagrams for my 99 WJ, the signal wire goes from the sensor straight to the PCM. The PCM also supplies the 5v power and ground for the sensor.
Reading the the FSM for my 99 WJ, it discribes the cam sensor. It says its a "hall effect device called a sync signal generator" It goes on to discribe that when the shutter passes through the sensor and breaks the magnetic feild it causes the voltage to switch high resulting in a sync signal of aprox 5 volts. When the shutter exits the sensor, the voltage to swing low to 0 volts.
The shutter wheel on top of the shaft appears to be stacked in place and does not look like it would be really hard to remove with a small drill bit. I imigine a new one could be made, and the shaft drilled/tapped and the new one (or modded original one) could be put on and held on with a small bolt. I guess it all boils down to if the sensor/signal is compatable with the 0411 system.

I am willing to send this sensor to anyone who can and/or wants to test it.