I'm getting ready to drop a 383 in my 66 C10 truck and wanted to reinstall my 89 MAF based TPI on it. Last time I used this unit was over
6 years ago and wanted to address a problem I couldn't get sorted out last time it was in use.

It idled exactly backwards. First start up it idled at about 700 - 750 rpm. Instead of idling down after a few minutes, the idle would
raise to about 1100 rpm and stay there until the eng temp went back down. Otherwise it seemed to run good.

After much advice, I switched the 4 wires going to the IAC and nothing changed. I think I even changed out the IAC for a new one with
no change. Never could get it figured out as the engine broke a ring and needed pulled out.

My setup consisted of a Howell TPI for a g-body that was in my 84 Cutlass and was running an Ed Wright chip for an 89 MAF.

The engine has been rebuilt with more compression and cam so I had PCMforLess burn me a chip for initial start up. I also plan on
buying a new harness for the C10 since I'm not sure if the Howell harness is/was the problem.

The whole system is basically stock TPI with the following upgrades. Accel SuperRam plenum, Accel base, Holley 58mm tb., started out
as an 87 TPI setup but switched to 89 for 9th injector elimination. I'm also running a Holley afpr.

Engine specs at the time were 383 with AFR 190 heads, Comp hyd roller 118* 224* on 112* lsa, 1 5/8" headers, 9.5 comp ratio. T56 trans.
Same basic engine with the following mods. Compression raised to 10-1 and cam is now a Comp hyd roller with 230* 236* 113* lsa
(XFI 280 cam).

One other question, is a knock sensor module differant for a 305 & 350? I know the sensor itself is differant. What would happen
if I used a 350 sensor with a 305 module?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Doug