Hello...
Let me introduce myself... My name is Ian

I am new to this forum and I have been reading alot of posts and learning alot. I am new to tuning GM's. I have used such standalone systems such as haltech and tec2 and 3.
Anyway I have already have a moates burner, the G2 adpater already installed and using tunerpro rt
Now for the vehicle, I came across a deal on a solid 88 GM truck that has a mild rebuilt 7.4L in it. The engine had a broken spark plug that i since fix. I have not driving this truck yet as I want to get the tuning setup on it. It has short headers and eldelbrock 2162 performer cam in it. I was told is had the ecm updated to the 7.4L chip. I did my research and found out that this isnt true. It still has the stock 5.7L chip in it. The ECM is a 1227747, the chip that was in it was the AMUU. I since flashed a PROM with the AKUP bin. Once I did that I started the engine and let it idled and warm up and it ran the same as with the AMUU except if I would rev the engine the knock count would go up alot. So i bypassed the ESC and got out the timing light and was shocked thinking I would see the timing around 10 degrees advance only to find it about 40. So i adjusted the timing back to 0. cleared the error codes and hooked up the ESC wire once again. The engine now seems to be correct timing and no more knocks. After the timing issue I took it around the block and few times and saw two things, first the ecm is in open loop all the time, second is the O2 is reading lean while driving. My question is what scalars or tables should I adjust to allow it to go into closed loop to see how far the BLM's are off. Also I know from dealing with other EFI systems and their VE tables would be a basic lower and upper fuel curve to get you in the ball park then go and and fine tune small cells that need some adjustment. I was wondering if that is possible in RT? Sorry if these are dumb questions I am still on a learning curve learning this software, I have been messing with some sample data logs I found on this site, and using the History tables and a spreadsheet I found here that allows you to input the BLMs and it will make the adjustments for the VE table.

Thank you for any help

Ian