Hi folks! I'm having issues with TunerPro - it doesn't even see my cable!

Let me get some info out here:
Car - 1987 Chevy Camaro V6 with a 1227302 ECM. Swapped in a 3.4L with the 3.4L injectors and it is running rich (BLM drops to 115 and stays there).
Netbook - ASUS Eee PC running Windows 7 with 4GB RAM.
TunerPro - $3A mask (3A.xdf) and A20.ads/adx file.
Cable - USB to OBD-I ALDL cable from this site: http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/detai...item=aldlobd1u

Here's the situation:
Turn on Netbook, start up TunerPro and wait for the timeout (I'll buy it if I can get it to work!). I have successfully loaded the $3A file and the A20 file. I go to "Tools > Preferences > Data Acq./Emulation" and get the pop-up. I change it to "Use Plug-In" then I go and choose my com port (COM 6). I click the test button - and it fails. If I save anyways and go back to the main screen, I get the "Not Connected" on the bottom. Having the car on or off doesn't seem to matter.

As a professional Data Analyst and long-time computer geek, I'm pretty proficient with a computer. However, this has got me a bit stumped. I have gone through several different threads discussing this matter but all seemed to end up with a different cause. So, here I am asking the experts for some help! :)

Additional Notes:
  • I am able to use this cable in WinALDL with no issues. I can log data easily and save it.
  • TunerPro crashes occasionally for no apparent reason. This may be a separate issue or not, I'm unsure. If needed, I can recreate the crash and give specific details.

Thank you in advance for any help! I look forward to learning this software and learning how to get my car running better!