Thread: How many E fans? Turned AC advice!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I'm still holding out and hoping it's something about the compressor that's not right because every wire, plug, switch and relay in the circuit that I've inspected so far has been good apparently.

Could it be possible that there is something wrong with the mechanicals of the compressor clutch itself? I'm going to look into that one by popping the clutch off the compressor since it's got no belt right no anyways.

This is not my picture, but that plug on top that sits behind the pulley, that's the plug for the coil. I can grab that plug and easily turn it side to side until it hits those bolts on either side. I have never seen one of these R4 compressors do that, so I don't think it's supposed to move like that. I think that something mechanical must be broken inside for that plug to move so freely back and forth on the coil. I tried to remove the nut in the pulley center so that I can inspect the clutch and coil but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I can get a spanner wrench to hold the front of the pulley and clutch still.
    Last edited by CDeeZ; 08-12-2013 at 06:31 AM.