Well, I was googling and minding my own, when I came across this awesome forum!
It's great that there's such an active group still tuning the older stuff. No, it's beyond great!
No offense intended to the tuners of the newer stuff.
Kudos to the management. I don't know how you pulled off such a great site with so much member participation. Just skimming the posts gives you a feel of some really nice folks contributing here. I hope I can do the same.
I'm somewhere between Erie PA and Cleveland OH. I first started tuning when I bought a new Syclone some 20 years ago. The ECM was sealed and locked to the harness with a huge orange sticker because GM knew there were tuners about. 8-)
Along the way, I met some wonderful people on the old EMECM and DIYEFI lists. Some of them are no longer with us, but their generous contributions live on. I sold my tuner truck over ten years ago, and have been pretty much out of the loop since, but have two projects now that I need to get moving on. I'm sure you know what I mean when I tell you I have "analysis paralysis". That's a nice way to say that you're reading and contemplating too much, and not wrenching!
Example: My longer term project is an S10 chassis under an old truck.
http://unkamike.com/truck/
Haven't touched it in two years! [sigh]. The more short term project (involving a lack of garage space and a promise to my wife) is putting the s10 V6 engine & trans in an old RX7, which I hope to bring home this week.. Maybe if I get beer-muscles in the future, the V6 will get a syclone turbo setup, a 7749 and EFI, but that's way in the distance at this point.
Cheers,
Mike V "long live OBD1"