I asked if it was a engine out of like a S10 or something and he said it was engine GM made specifically for indrustrial uses and is not used in anything automotive. It says vortec and some number I cant remember on the valve cover. (2600 maybe?) I'll find out tomorrow.
Meet the engine family that has been used in more applications than even the smallblock Chevy.
http://gmpowertrain.com/2013_pdf/FHR...ust_122112.pdf
This engine family has been used since before the Berlin Wall came down. There are "large block" and "small block" versions, and tall deck and standard deck varieties. It's been sold in 8V and 16V versions, with carbs and injection, with and without turbos. There are Cosworth racing designed versions in AWD 6 speed equipped cars as well as barely tickling 100hp versions. It's been sold on every continent in one form or another and it's still being used today. It's found in Opel, Vauxhal, Suzuki, Daewoo, Chevrolet, Buick, Olds, and Pontiac cars as well as boats, forklifts, stationary powerplants, and other industrial applications. It's come with both Delco and Bosch engine management and distributor and DIS varieties. It's absolutely amazing just how much use GM has obtained from a single engine family.