Ok, I'm officially frustrated. I"m out of ideas how to get this fixed. Here's the problem:
Engine was replaced with a GM crate engine. So any mechanical failure from that area can be ruled out. Engine starts, runs for a short while then stalls, plenty of black smoke coming from the exhaust, raw fuel is found in the intake and EGR.
IAC, TPS, Fuel Filter replaced. Same thing. EGR, cleaned, one valve was stuck, same thing. Floods and stalls. Fuel pressure regulator, tested diapraghm, holds the vacuum, no fluid leaking from that side. Applied pressure to the regulator through air compressor, regulator opens. Disconnected battery to reset PCM, same thing runs for a while, floods, stalls. Checked all spark plug wires for proper resistance, they check out, Spark plugs, new. 95 has no MAF, so that one can be ruled out. Don't have a code scanner handy, on my Buick i can jump terminals to get the codes displayed on the dash, doesn't work on 95 Montes, only has two wires in the ALDL connector. Fuel injectors under pressure won't drip.
I have checked the internet, and a lot of folks seemed to have had that problem , but nobody really posted the fix.
Anybody with an idea out there what could cause this?