Thread: Setting up my TBI

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for reviewing the data. I guess i could put the 6 cylinder prom back in and see what happens. I have the 8 cylinder one in there because that's what painless specified in their manual. Also, since I didn't post every frame that the scanner picked up, I reviewed stuff and noticed that in some frames, the o2 sensor says "rich" with a voltage of about 800 mv and then in another frame, I have a similar voltage but the sensor reads "lean" . should these two parameters correlate? what is the crossover point (voltage) where the sensor goes from rich to lean? not that this might mean anything, I'm just learning. And one more dumb question... If the data looks good why then will theis engine not idle below 1000 rpm and why does it run so rough. I'm reading 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 rpm...it's on the low side but probably OK since the throttle/iac is admitting so much air... I'm stumped

And what does 3rd gear sw "ON" mean... The one time i tried to drive this thing it wouldn't shift out of first and I forgot to mention that all the data i posted was taken with the VSS unplugged.
    Last edited by 1great40; 04-06-2013 at 07:43 AM.