All of this is one reason why I don't even bother hacking a V8 MEMCAL, because some are getting difficult to find. I almost wish that people would just stop doing this (I've seen some pretty bad hacks) and just spend some bucks for a proper adapter from Moates and preserve the vanishing number of MEMCALs that are out there.

As for the ebay seller: It's no different from a certain GM tuner some years back who was selling some rather shoddy tunes for dirt-cheap prices, well under what every other GM tuner was selling them for. And people on the forums have this weird habit of defending to the death anything they've paid good money for, even if their good money bought a pile of crap. So now I'm seeing these same people wondering why their transmissions have gone belly-up (zeroing out all TM tables and jacking up the line pressure tends to do this over time) and complaining that they can no longer get support for the service they were defending to the death a few years back.

There's really nothing to be done other than to continue on the straight and narrow path and continue to be honest with others.