Hello from Wichita Falls, TX

I am a custom fabricator and owner of Twisted Steel Fab.

Became a member because I need to learn more about my efi system and hopefully how to data log using TunerPro and maybe later how to make program changes.

I have a 1983 Jeep CJ 7 with a TBI 350 with a 700r that I pulled from a 1990 K5 blazer. I used a wiring harness and chip (with the EGR and the knock sensor deleted) from Affordable Fuel Injection. This set up has worked fine for last several years. But the motor was getting tired and I recently rebuilt the engine. I installed vortec heads, mild cam from comp (for TBI), had the throttle body bored to 46 mm and installed an adjustable regulator and built the motor with 9.25 to 1 compression. I then had a chip programmed from Brian owner of TBI Chips for the new build.

But now that it is done I not completely happy with the program and am trying to learn how to use Tuner Pro to data log and maybe someday learn how to program my own chips. Brian is working with me to try and solve some my issues hopefully he can sort them out for me.

At this point I have been doing a lot of reading in this forum and others trying to educate myself and I have to admit the more I learn the more I find out I don’t have clue. I have years of metal fabricating and mechanic experience but trying to understand all involved with programming has me feeling dumb as an ox right now.

I have to say there seems to be a lot of knowledge available on this site I just hope I can come to a point to where I can understand it because a lot of it so far has been like learning a new language.