Thread: 1618625 bjdr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

1618625 bjdr

Hello all!

I ordered my programmer and it should be here soon so I'm TRYING to read what I can and get things together to get up and running as soon as it gets here.
    My intention is really simple. I have a 2000 Wrangler TJ that I converted to a V8. The engine is a 94' GMC 350/4L80E/NP241 combo. The engine runs really good except it seems to run a little rich on cold start, but I've heard that's normal for TBI. Anyway, my real problem is the ECM cuts out the fuel at around 50MPH. I'm assumimg it has to do with the speed limiter or something. I get to 4th gear and around 2300rpm when it cuts out. The engine is out of a 2500 truck that I believe had 3:73 gears. It now has 4:10 gears.

I've looked for files I will need, but all the files are 4L60E. I'm completely new to this and have a lot to lean. I know this.. But, can someone point me in the right direction as to what files or a "how-to" for what i need. The simpler the better. At the moment I'm more interested in getting this thing on the road and I can play with the tuning later...Yes, that means more reading and more questions!

Thanks again!

HD
    Attached Images Attached Images