Hello everyone. 1st I'd like to thank GearHead EFI for providing a place to learn and ask questions. I was exposed to this site from my experience with TGO and finally decided to join.

I am a retired mechanical engineer spending all my career at design centers for GM, Ford, Chrysler. I raced circle track and formula cars with great success with very little time spent on building hotrods. I quit racing in 1985 and concentrated on building street rods. The past five years I got the taste for EFI logging and programming. Well least I am trying. My objective is to complete a TPI with a 700R4 for my 36 Chevy 2 dr Sedan. So far the engine runs on a test stand via a 7730 with VATS, smog pump and EGR removed. I know that's simple to some of you guys, but a great accomplishment to a rookie. I can't believe how much can be done with these ECM/PCM modules.

I bought Moates AutoProm, G1, HDR1, cables and some chips to work with. So far so good. One of the areas I want to learn is what other ECMs can be used since the 7730 are becoming hard to find. Other street rodders would like me to help them install EFI engines for economy mainly. You see, our gas in Canada run about $1.30/L. That's more than $5/gal. I found TGO helpful so far, but I'm looking forward to peruse this sight.

Thanks again.