Thread: Need wiring diagram for 16151051 ecm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Need wiring diagram for 16151051 ecm

I picked up a harness from a 1988 full size truck with a 4.3 and a 16151051 ecm. Unfortunately this unit is listed in the ecm sub-forum and I need some help!

The harness is almost identical to a 7747 except for some different wire colors (grey instead of tan/white at B2 and yellow/black instead of black at B7). I traced the wires and they terminate at the same place as a 7747, so no problem there.

What has me scratching my head is that there is a circuit at pin C2 that isn't listed on the 7747 wiring diagram. Its a brown wire that I traced to a 2-pin connector (the other wire at the connector is pink/black feed wire). Is anyone familiar with this ecm or know what the brown wire at C2 is?

Also, I pulled a trottle body from a different vehicle ('92 van) because it was in much better condition, but the throttle position sensor connector doesn't match the one on the harness. The female connector on the van TBI has the 3 pins in a row, while the male connector on the truck harness has one pin above the other two (think of the three points of a triangle).

Should I grant a new male connector onto the harness, or can the female connector on the sensor be changed?
    Brian
    Last edited by belaw; 07-29-2012 at 01:27 AM.