Thread: Jeep 7747 Conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Jeep 7747 Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    If you're buying/making the datalogging cable, you can use an Ostrich 2.0, along with the datalogging cable, to have real time emulation. You can then use a BURN2 to program an EPROM when you're happy with the tune, or you can use the Ostrich as a permanent replacement for the EPROM.

The APU1, has the EPROM Emulator, datalogging cable and programmer all built into one device. The one nice that that the APU1 has that going the seperates route doesn't is the 3 extra channels that can be datalogged.
    Thanks Six_Shooter, I may go the way of the Ostrich first to see if this is something I can wrap my mind around and be able to disable a few things (more below). I just "made" the USB ALDL cable with the board that RobertISaar posted the link for. It works although not flawlessly, I may have some tweaking to do in the settings as it does have partial data loss at times. But wow was that simple to set up, MUCH easier than the serial cable and actually cheaper than buying a serial cable to chop up. I ordered 2 boards (1 to mount permanent so all I need is the laptop and another to be able to use on other vehicles should the need arise). I will post a pic or two and a small write up, it really is that simple, and the few things I had to do to make it communicate.

Now that I have been able to log a little on-the-road data I am in need of a little assistance in interpreting it if anyone cares to help. The setup is a 91' 4.3L 700r4 (ECM 1227747) transplanted into a 93 Jeep Wrangler with stock lower (.030+ bore), edelbrock 2114 intake, 2000' Vortec heads, Edelbrock headers, true dual exhaust and no EGR. It falls on its face at half throttle and according to the data it is running VERY lean. All the data says it is lean but the exhaust smells of raw fuel. Could this simply be a faulty O2? I switched from 4.3L to 5.7L injectors last summer before being able to read data and it made a difference but not dramatic. My injector duty cycle is reading at minimum 51% and up to 150% at times in order to compensate. My main question to anyone that can look is that is this truly an issue of too little fuel (either low pressure or insufficient injector size) or the lack of EGR because the ECM still believes it is there. I am also getting a VSS error, could this cause a problem?

New to this data logging thing and I want to learn but I am little overwhelmed by all problems it seems I have.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crash8212; 06-03-2012 at 10:30 PM.