Thread: Cold Start Idle, Choke real rich.

Electronic Ignition!

Cold Start Idle, Choke real rich.

I am really happy with my tune, on my TBI now. It runs good in closed loop, or with the O2 sensor disconnected in Open Loop, WOT, cruise etc.
    Problem is when it is cold, before it goes into closed loop it runs really rich, richer than 10:1, it is off the scale on my AFR gauge. It is like I need a leaner choke jet. As soon as it goes to closed loop it is fine. Any suggestions how I can adjust this, which table or scalar to go to etc.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnshredder View Post
    I am really happy with my tune, on my TBI now. It runs good in closed loop, or with the O2 sensor disconnected in Open Loop, WOT, cruise etc.
    Problem is when it is cold, before it goes into closed loop it runs really rich, richer than 10:1, it is off the scale on my AFR gauge. It is like I need a leaner choke jet. As soon as it goes to closed loop it is fine. Any suggestions how I can adjust this, which table or scalar to go to etc.
    I'm having the same problem with my tune but I have some other problems that I'm trying to resolve first. In $0E that I'm using there are several choke tables, maybe adjust choke AFR vs Temp?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo91 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my tune but I have some other problems that I'm trying to resolve first. In $0E that I'm using there are several choke tables, maybe adjust choke AFR vs Temp?
    I have messed with all of those tables alot to no success. I guess basically my open loop idle is rich too...of course as soon as it switched to closed loop it is fine.
    I have to change my injector flow rate, to get it leaner than 10 to 1, on cold start up. But of course that makes the high power settings lean. I am starting to think of trying a manifold pressure referenced fuel regulator. This would give me lower fuel pressed at idle and higher fuel pressure s with throttle open at high power settings. Any one try that?

Electronic Ignition!
    I am using $0D, doesn't seem to be any choke tables, at least that work.

Electronic Ignition!
    Daveo91, you might be on to something there, I was just looking at the Tuner Pro website. I have a 1995 5.7 van. I have been using the OD mask. But I might be able to use the OE mask. I will check that out thanks.