Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: engine stalls when trying to execute tune

engine stalls when trying to execute tune

I have been trying to figure out why the engine stalls when I am in live tuning using tuner pro 5. Whe I commit to changes or upload to the current bin the engine stalls every time. I have all the check box enabled to use whole tables in data aquishtion. Also want to know why my guages won't keep the values after I exit tuner pro 5. I have had more trouble than ever using tuner pro this time around. I had better luck the first pc I had it installed on. I don't understand why I am having so much difficulty just becasue I loaded it on a different pc. The first time I used it it seem flawless and I was able to suceed. I am either getting dumb in my older age or something has changed drastically.

Your old age memory loss is getting worse? You just posted this twice...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have only tried uploading the entire .bin once while engine running. It did not like that. Had to shut off, wait for time out, upload, verify, then everythign was fine.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Odd, I upload complete bins regularly, while engine is running without issue.

What are you using for hardware? I know some people have issues with Auto Proms whne they upload whole tables or bins.

Have you disabled checksum?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Odd, I upload complete bins regularly, while engine is running without issue.

What are you using for hardware? I know some people have issues with Auto Proms whne they upload whole tables or bins.

Have you disabled checksum?
    i havent had any problems either. thats odd

AutoProm = yes
    Checksum Disable = yes

What happens when you don't upload whole tables?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

same no matter if whole tables or not. I looked through the menus and I am not finding where to disable checksums. When I bring up the data aqu there is no check box to disable like it says its supposed to be in the help section. I am using autoprom interface. Why is there no check box ? wtf

Open XDF parameter "Mask ID", change whatever Hex value you have there ($0D, $31, $42) to 'AA'.

Then save .bin, then upload and verify. You should then be able to emulate.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 07-07-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    Open XDF parameter "Mask ID", change whatever Hex value you have there ($0D, $31, $42) to 'AA'.

This^^

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post

dont mean to sound stupid but im not finding anything that says XDF parameter "mask ID" anywhere to even find let alone change

I opened the xdf edit parameter but nothing is labeled "mask id" only thing i'm seeing is "address hex"

can't find what your talking about

Maybe someone has not entered it in the mask/XDF? What mask/XDF? You can also change it in hex if we knew what bin/BCC/chip.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

What XDF are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Maybe someone has not entered it in the mask/XDF? What mask/XDF? You can also change it in hex if we knew what bin/BCC/chip.
    Is there somewhere I can educate myself about what your talking about? I don't even know what a mask is, why you have one or what it does. I dont even know what you are asking me. I need someone to speak english. I do understand the the xdf defines the binary and I think I understand thats what the software uses to edit the binary. I understand that binarys are 1's and 0's or ons and offs. I do not have an electronics degree nor am I a computer programmer so I can't comunicate in computer programmer language. I understand completly what fuel injectors and ignition timing does and there affect on horsepower, economy, driveability etc when they are in perfect tune. I understand inputs and outputs and what the computers do with them to alter the end results but I am lost when it comes to understanding what is happening inside the box. I don't understand i/c chips and I have no idea how or what software does to control them. Maybe if I could understand some of these things I could understand what and why you are asking me. I do not like things to be hidden from me when it comes to learning. I feel as though I am reaching into a bag hoping to pull out the lucky answers which is not the answer. I am very disappointed of the limited software help section thats available. There has got to be a better way when it comes to learning software programs for tuning, these things like masks etc are far to difficult than they could be if it were more user friendly. Usally there is description and operation that explains in advance how and what the software does. and when you do a keyword search for something embedded into the software for settings you can find it if you type it in the help search. I am sorry but this is not the case for me anyways. Nothing comes up in the help for mask ID settings that I can find.

I am using $DA3-16159278.xdf please tell me why you are asking these questions why does it make any difference which one I am using? why do you keep hiding these things? I dont understand.